Egbert Origin and Meaning
The name Egbert is a boy's name of Anglo-Saxon origin meaning "bright edge of a sword".
Egbert still suffers somewhat from being used as a stereotypical name for nerds and aristocrats. It would be a surprising choice, but with its edgy meaning and dusty charm, possibly it's so beyond cool that it's...actually kind of cool?
20 Names Similar to Egbert
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Egbert.
Lists containing Egbert
Famous People Named Egbert
- EgbertKing of Wessex
- EgbertArchbishop of Trier
- Egbert I and IIMargraves of Meissen
- Egbert van der PoelDutch Golden Age painter
- Egbert Ten EyckU.S. Congressman from New York
- Egbert Anson Van AlstyneAmerican ragtime songwriter
- Egbert Rolf "Erben" WennemarsDutch former speed skater
- Egbert BensonU.S. Congressman and judge from New York
- Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III aka Aloe BlaccAmerican singer
- Egbert (or Ecgberht) Ethelingson of Ethelred the Unready of England
- Egbert Roscoe Murrowbirth name of Edward R. Murrow, American newscaster
Egbert in Pop Culture
- Egbert Helliboregrand wizard from TV series "The Worst Witch"
- John Egbertcharacter from web comic "Homestuck"
- Egberta rooster from the Nintendo game "Animal Crossing"
- Egberta badger from the children's TV series "Poppy Cat"