Claudette Origin and Meaning
The name Claudette is a girl's name of French origin meaning "lame; enclosure".
Once seen as a dated French Claudette-Colbert feminization, along with Annette and Paulette, we can see Claudette moving into a more plausible Colette-Cosette arena. While some may be put off by the common "lame" meaning, some etymologists theorize that the name may relate to the word for enclosure or clause, an alternate meaning that may appeal to a child with a form of this otherwise-appealing name.
20 Names Similar to Claudette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Claudette.
Lists containing Claudette
Famous People Named Claudette
- Claudette Colbert (born Emilie Chauchoin)French,American actress
- Claudette Marie Rogers RobinsonAmerican singer,songwriter, ex,wife of Smokey Robinson
- Claudette Werleigh7th and first woman Prime Minister of Haiti
- Claudette OrtizAmerican singer and reality TV personality ("R&B Divas: Los Angeles")
- Claudette Colvinfirst person arrested for resisting bus segregation in Montgomery, Alabama, USA
- Claudette TardifCanadian Senator
- Claudette BradshawCanadian MP
- Claudette MinkCanadian actress
- Claudette HerbsterJosland, French Olympic fencer
- Claudette PaceMaltese politician and singer
- Céline Marie Claudette DionFrench,Canadian pop singer
Claudette in Pop Culture
- Miss Claudette Pelagecharacter on TV's "Orange is the New Black"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.