The name Claudette is a girl's name of French origin meaning "lame; enclosure". Claudette and is often added to lists like Soap Opera Baby Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "Drop your least favourite!".
From the experts:
Once seen as a dated French Claudette-Colbert feminization, along with Annette and Paulette, we can see Claudette moving into a more plausible Colette-Cosette arena. While some may be put off by the common "lame" meaning, some etymologists theorize that the name may relate to the word for enclosure or clause, an alternate meaning that may appeal to a child with a form of this otherwise-appealing name.
Lists containing Claudette
Claudette in Blog Posts
- Baby name news: Soccer Stars and Great Danes
- MLK Day Names: Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement
- The Trendy 'ett' Boys--from Beckett to Bennett to Jett
- French-Accented Baby Names: Jeanette, Cosette, Colette
- The Names of February: Amethyst, Finnegan and Valentine
- Y So Few Y Names?: There may be more than you think
Claudette in the Forums
16 names similar to Claudette
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Claudette. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Claudette, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!