Carmelita Origin and Meaning
The name Carmelita is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "garden".
Carmelita is an obscure short form of an obscure name that may rise to new prominence during the 2012 Olympics, via runner Carmelita Jeter aka "The World's Fastest Woman." Carmelita has a particularly international flavor with the original Carmel a Hebrew name long popular in Ireland, with Carmelita itself most popular in Latin countries.
20 Names Similar to Carmelita
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Carmelita.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Carmelita
- Carmelita JeterAmerican Olympic sprinter
- Carmelita GeraghtyAmerican silent film actress
- Carmelita Tropicana (born Alina Troyano)Cuban,American actress
- Carmelita GonzálezMexican actress
- Carmelita HintonAmerican progressive educator
- Carmelita Viridiana CorreaMexican pole vaulter
Carmelita in Pop Culture
- Carmelita Spatsa character in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Carmelita Montoya Foxcharacter in the Sly Cooper video game series
- "Carmelita" song by Warren Zevon