Alexia Origin and Meaning
The name Alexia is a girl's name meaning "defending men".
This diminutive, similar to Alex or Alexis, has been yo-yoing in popularity since the turn of the 21st century.
# 632 in the US
Alexia Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alexia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alexia.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Alexia
Famous People Named Alexia
- AlexiaPrincess of Greece and Denmark; eldest daughter of King Constantine II
- Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien of OrangeNassau (b. 2005), Princess of the Netherlands; daughter of King Willem,Alexander
- AlexiaPrincess of Waldeck and Pyrmont (b. 2006), daughter of Princess Katharina of Hohenlohe,Langenburg and Prince Nikolaus of Waldeck and Pyrmont; great,great,grandniece of Britain's Prince Philip
- Alexia EchevarriaAmerican reality TV personality ("Real Housewives of Miami")
- Alexia Laurette WalkerEnglish cricketer
- Alexia FastCanadian actress
- Alexia KourtelesiGreek judoka
- Alexia (born Alessia Aquilani)Italian singe
- Alexia KhadimeBritish actress and singer
- Alexia KeoghNew Zealand actress
- Alexia SedykhFrench hammer thrower, daughter of athletes Yuriy Sedykh and Natalya Lisovskaya
- Alexia Grindadaughter of model/socialite Hélène Grinda and Prince Bernhard of The Netherlands
- Alexia Katherine Brandram (b. 1985)granddaughter of Princess Katherine of Greece and Denmark
- Alexia Umansky (b. 1996)daughter of reality TV personalities Kyle Richards and Mauricio Umansky
- Alexia Rose “Allie” Tannerdaughter of youtube stars Johnny and Sara Tanner, part of the Tannerites and Yawi Vlogs youtube channels
- Alexia Perdisdaughter of Napoleon Perdis
- Alexia PaganiniSwiss figure skater
Alexia in Pop Culture
- Alexia Ashfordcharacter in video game "Resident Evil Code: Veronica"
- Alexia Wheatona character in Disney's "Wish Upon A Star"
- Alexia Tarabottithe main character in Gail Carriger's series "The Parasol Protectorate"
- Alexia "Lexi" Bransoncharacter on TV's "The Vampire Diaries"
- Alexiamedical term for difficulty reading after a stroke
- Dyslexiaa learning disorder that involves difficulty reading due to problems identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words (decoding). Also called reading disability, dyslexia affects areas of the brain that process language.