Polish"to dispel anger"
Zbigniew Origin and Meaning
The name Zbigniew is boy's name of Polish origin meaning "to dispel anger".
One of the first authentically Slavic names many Americans heard (but couldn't pronounce), via 1960s to 70s former presidential advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski. Even after all these years, still problematic.
20 Names Similar to Zbigniew
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zbigniew.
Famous People Named Zbigniew
- Zbigniew BrzezinskiNational Security Adviser to U.S. President Jimmy Carter, father of journalist Mika Brzezinski
- Zbigniew of Polandhigh duke of Poland
- Zbigniew BoniekPolish footballer
- Zbigniew BródkaPolish Olympic speed skater
- Zbigniew GutPolish footballer
- Zbigniew HerbertPolish poet
- Zbigniew PreisnerPolish film score composer
- Zbigniew Robert "Inferno" PromińskiPolish death metal drummer
- Zbigniew RybczyńskiPolish filmmaker
- Zbigniew ZapasiewiczPolish actor
- Zbigniew CybulskiPolish actor