Scottish and Irish, meaning unknown
Ninian Origin and Meaning
The name Ninian is a boy's name of Scottish origin.
Ancient Irish saint's name that's unlikely, because of its similarity to "ninny," to join cousin Finian in popularity.
20 Names Similar to Ninian
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ninian.
Famous People Named Ninian
- Saint Ninian5th,century Celtic saint, believed to have been a missionary to the Picts
- Ninian Martin Stephen20th Governor,General of Australia
- Ninian EdwardsU.S. Senator and Governor of Illinois
- (Roderick) Ninian SmartScottish writer and educator
- (John) Ninian ComperScottish architect
- Ninian CockburnScottish soldier and officer of the Garde Écossaise
- Ninian PinkneyU.S. Naval surgeon
- Ninian SandersonScottish racing driver
- Ninian Chirneysidea servant of the Earl of Bothwell, denounced as a rebel in 1591 for failing to appear at a hearing before King James VI of Scotland on charges of treason and witchcraft
Ninian in Pop Culture
- Ninian Deaconcharacter in Zona Gale's 1920 novel Miss Lulu Bett
- St. Ninian'schurch in the Redwall series by Brian Jacques