German"hardy, brave, strong"
Maynard Origin and Meaning
The name Maynard is boy's name of German origin meaning "hardy, brave, strong".
Sometimes pronounced MAY-nerd, which is death to a name.
20 Names Similar to Maynard
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Maynard.
Famous People Named Maynard
- Maynard James Keenanlead singer of Tool, A Perfect Circle & Puscifer
- Maynard Holbrook JacksonJr., American politician; 1st black mayor of Atlanta
- (Walter) Maynard FergusonCanadian jazz musician
- Maynard PirsigAmerican legal scholar
- MaynardAustralian radio and TV presenter
- Maynard DixonAmerican painter
- John Maynard Keynes1st Baron Keynes, English economist
- Rex Maynard LinnAmerican actor
Maynard in Pop Culture
- Maynard G. Krebscharacter on TV's "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis"
- Maynard James "MJ" Delfinoson of Mike and Susan on TV's "Desperate Housewives"
- Maynard Keyescharacter from the movie "The Sasquatch Gang"
- Maynardcharacter in film "Pulp Fiction"
- Brother Maynardcharacter in film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"