Dutch form of Marie"drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved"
Marijke Origin and Meaning
The name Marijke is a girl's name meaning "drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved".
Dutch diminutive of Marie, the meaning of which is uncertain. Theories include "drop of the sea" (from Hebrew roots mar "drop" and yam "sea"); "bitter" (from Hebrew marah "bitterness"); and "beloved" (from the Egyptian root mr).
20 Names Similar to Marijke
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marijke.
Famous People Named Marijke
- Marijke SchaarDutch tennis player
- Marijke AmadoDutch TV presenter
- Marijke EngelenDutch synchronized swimmer
- Maria "Marijke" KeggeDeege, Dutch sprint canoer
- Maria Bernadina "Marijke" VosDutch politician
Marijke in Pop Culture
- Marijke Martenscharacter in Mal Peet's Tamar