Diminutive of Alonzo"noble, ready"
Lon Origin and Meaning
The name Lon is boy's name of Spanish origin meaning "noble, ready".
For older generations this still summons silent horror star Chaney; for others it's a pleasant if slight nickname name.
20 Names Similar to Lon
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lon.
Famous People Named Lon
- Lon Chaney Jr. (born Creighton Tull Chaney)American actor
- Lon ClarkAmerican actor
- Lon Allen ScottU.S. Congressman from Tennessee
- Lon BenderAmerican film sound editor
- Lon "Lonny" Leonard ChapmanAmerican actor
- Alonzo M. "Lon" PoffAmerican actor
- Laurence Eugene "Lon" MyersAmerican runner
- Lawrence "Lon" Vest StephensAmerican politician; 29th Governor of Missouri
- Leonidas Frank "Lon" ChaneyAmerican actor
Lon in Pop Culture
- Lon Hammondcharacter in book/film "The Notebook"
- Lon Cohencharacter in the Nero Wolfe novels by Rex Stout
- Lon Sudercharacter on TV's "Star Trek: Voyager"