Diminutive of Lemuel, Hebrew"devoted to God"
Lem Origin and Meaning
The name Lem is boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "devoted to God".
Lem is a corn-cob pipe-smoking, back porch-rocking nickname name. But we predict as Sam and Gus become ho-hum, more parents will look to Lem.
20 Names Similar to Lem
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lem.
Famous People Named Lem
- Lemuel "Lem" Barney (born 1945)American football player
- Lem Billings (1916–1981)John F. Kennedy's friend
- Lem Burnham (born 1947)American football player
- Lem Cross (1872–1930)American Major League Baseball player
- George Lewis "Lem" Davis (1914–1970)American jazz saxophonist
- Anton Lemuel Lem Dobbs (born 1959)British,American screenwriter
- Lemuel Lem Johnson (1909–1989)American jazz saxophonist
- Thomas Lemuel Lem Johns (1925–2014)American Secret Service agent present during the assassination of John F. Kennedy
- Lem T. JonesJr. (1924–1995), American politician
- Lem Overpeck (1911–2003)American politician, Lieutenant Governor of South Dakota
- Lem Tucker (1938–1991)American journalist
- Lem Winchester (1928–1961)American jazz vibraphone player
- Stanisław LemPolish writer of science fiction, author of ''Solaris''
Lem in Pop Culture
- Lem Hewittcharacter from the TV show Better Off Ted
- Lemminor character in the TV show Arrested Development
- Lem Grahamson of Ben and Ma Graham from "Love Comes Softly" series
- 3836 Lema minor planet