English word name"the long-lasting impact of particular events that took place in the past"
Legacy Origin and Meaning
The name Legacy is both a boy's name and a girl's name meaning "the long-lasting impact of particular events that took place in the past".
One of the boastful, ultra-modern word names soaring in popularity right now. Though it's a bit more popular for girls than boys -- the "cy" ending reads a little feminine -- it's solidly unisex, with over 100 baby boys being named Legacy in 2017. This is one of the many uplifting words that make unique unisex names.
# 735 in the US
Legacy Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Legacy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Legacy.
Legacy in Nameberry Blog Posts
- Nonbinary Names Achieve Gender Parity
- The Biggest Baby Name Trends of the Year
- How I Named My Baby: Cleo Cruize
- How I Named My Baby: Quest Aiko
- The Baby Names That Should Be on Everyone's List
- Cool Girl Names: Charmed Circles
- Revealed! Our Top Names of 2023 So Far
- Unisex Girl Names: the Past, Present, and Future
- Gender Neutral Names Changing Direction