Spanish and Italian variation of Ernest"serious, resolute"
Ernesto Origin and Meaning
The name Ernesto is boy's name of Spanish, Portuguese origin.
A Latin classic, widely used here and abroad, though in the U.S. it has fallen on the charts in recent years.
# 901 in the US
Ernesto Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Ernesto
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ernesto.
Famous People Named Ernesto
- Ernesto Antonio "Tito" PuenteAmerican mambo musician and bandleader
- Ernesto "Che" GuevaraArgentine,born Cuban revolutionary
- Ernesto Zedillo (Ponce de León)54th President of Mexico
- Ernesto Pérez Balladaresformer President of Panama
- Ernesto Samper29th President of Colombia
- Ernesto AlonsoMexican TV producer
- Ernesto Nathan RogersItalian architect
- Ernesto NathanAnglo,Italian politciian; Mayor of Rome
- Ernesto Beckmann Geisel29th President of Brazil
- Ernesto SabatoArgentine novelist and essayist
- Ernesto ValverdeSpanish footballer and coach
- Ernesto Teodoro MonetaItalian journalist and revolutionary; winner of the Nobel Peace Prize
Ernesto in Pop Culture
- Ernestocharacter in Donizetti's "Don Pasquale"
- Maximilian Alanzo Ernesto "Max" Russocharacter on TV's "Wizards of Waverly Place"
- Uncle Ernestocharacter on TV's "Wizards of Waverly Place"