Diminutive of Edward"wealthy guardian"
Eddy Origin and Meaning
The name Eddy is boy's name meaning "wealthy guardian".
Eddy, recently used by Celine Dion for one of her twin boys, was chosen to honor Eddy Marnay, who produced her first five records. Though less common a nickname for Edward than Eddie, Eddy is used more often on its own.
20 Names Similar to Eddy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eddy.
Famous People Named Eddy
- Richard Edward "Eddy" ArnoldAmerican country music singer
- Edouard Louis Joseph "Eddy" MerckxBelgian cyclist
- Edward "Eddy" PettybourneNew Zealand rugby player
- Eddy Anthony CurryJr., American basketball player
- Edward Evan Duncan "Eddy" Howard.American singer and bandleader
- Nelson Ackerman EddyAmerican singer and actor
- Eddy Angelil (b. 2010)son of French Canadian singer Celine Dion
Eddy in Pop Culture
- EdEdd & Eddy,Animated TV show on Cartoon Network
- Eddycharacter on TV's "Lab Rats"
- Eddy Yanakakistwin of protagonist Eli in the Compound novels