Dutch from Germanic"noble, nobility"
Aletta Origin and Meaning
The name Aletta is girl's name meaning "noble, nobility".
A form of Adelaide (and therefore related to Alice, too) used in the Netherlands. The country's first female physician was Aletta Jacobs. In the USA, Aletta is rare, but on a slight upward trend. It fits perfectly into the sweet spot of being deep-rooted and straightforward, yet barely used, and has Etta and Lettie as potential nicknames.
20 Names Similar to Aletta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Aletta.
Famous People Named Aletta
- Aletta Jacobsfirst woman to complete a university course in the Netherlands
- Aletta van ManenDutch hockey player
- Aletta OceanHungarian adult film actress
- Anne Alida "Aletta" de FreyDutch copyist, drawer and painter
- Aletta HanemansDutch brewer of the Hoeffijser; wife of the mayor of Haarlem, Jacob Pietersz Olycan