Melusine Origin and Meaning
The name Melusine is a girl's name of French origin.
Melusine was a figure from early European folklore, associated with the water. Her legends are especially connected with the northern and western areas of France, as well as the Low Countries. She is also connected with the French Lusignan royal house which claimed to be descended from Melusine. This name makes a good choice for people looking for a feminine mythological name but want to steer clear of Greek and Arthurian mythology.
20 Names Similar to Melusine
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Melusine.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Melusine
Famous People Named Melusine
- (Ehrengard) Melusine von der SchulenburgDuchess of Kendal, mistress of King George I of Great Britain
- (Petronilla) Melusina von der SchulenburgCountess of Walsingham, daughter of the above and King George I
- Mélusine MayanceFrench child actress
- Melusina Fay "Zina" PeirceAmerican feminist, author and activist
- Mathilde Mélusine Ruspoli (b. 1994)daughter of Prince Dado Ruspoli
Melusine in Pop Culture
- "Melusine" Belgian comic strip about the title witch
- "Melusine" fantasy novel by Sarah Monette
- Melusineopera by composer Aribert Reimann
- "Mélusine"a song by French singer Nolwenn Leroy
- Melusinea water sprite in European mythology