French elaboration of Lynn or Welsh"idol"
Lynette Origin and Meaning
The name Lynette is a girl's name of French, Welsh origin meaning "idol".
Linda begat Lynn which gave way to Lynette, which peaked in the late 1960s. Lynette has been off the Top 1000 for a couple decades now, and the Lynn variations finding the most favor are those that put the "lyn" part at the end: Evelyn, Madelyn, Brooklyn.
20 Names Similar to Lynette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lynette.
Lists containing Lynette
Famous People Named Lynette
- Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Frommeattempted assassin of U.S. President Gerald Ford
- Lynette WoodardAmerican pro basketball player
- Lynette CurranAustralian actress
- Lynette LongAmerican psychologist and author
- Lynette BoggsAmerican politician and Miss Oregon 1989
- Evelyn Beatrice "Lynette" RobertsArgentine,British poet
- Lynette Yiadom BoakyeGhanaian,British painter
- Lynette MetteyAmerican actress
- Lynette LithgowTrinidadian,British TV journalist
Lynette in Pop Culture
- Lynette Scavoa main character on TV's "Desperate Housewives"
- Lynette Montgomerycharacter in Lifetime's "The Client List"
- Lynettenoblewoman in Arthurian legend who seeks help for her sister Lyonesse
- Lynetteshop girl in video game "Soul Calibur III"
- Lynettea character in the novel 'Redeemed' in the House Of Night' series (PC Cast)
- Lynette Duncancharacter from Call the Midwife
- LynetteThe Fresh Dolls character