Dagmar Origin and Meaning
The name Dagmar is a girl's name of Norse origin meaning "Day maiden".
This royal Danish name has long been used across Scandinavia, Germany and Slavic countries and somewhat in the US around the turn of the last century --it was #622 in 1888. There were two notable silent screen stars named Dagmar, one with Polish, the other with Danish roots.
20 Names Similar to Dagmar
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dagmar.
Lists containing Dagmar
Famous People Named Dagmar
- Dagmar of BohemiaQueen consort of Valdemar II of Denmark
- (Marie Sophie Frederikke) Dagmar of Denmark aka Maria FeodorovnaEmpress consort of Alexander III of Russia
- Dagmar Louise ElisabethPrincess of Denmark; daughter of King Frederick VIII
- Dagmar Louise Thyra Sophia Castenskjolddaughter of Princess Dagmar
- Dagmar Birgitte Margarethe Castenskjoldgranddaughter of Princess Dagmar
- Dagmar (born Virginia Ruth Egnor)American actress, model and TV personality
- (Mercedes) Dagmar GodowskyAmerican silent film actress
- Dagmar RothBehrendt, German MEP
- Dagmar RomAustrian Olympic skier
- Dagmar HaseGerman Olympic swimmer
- Dagmar KrauseGerman singer of groups Slapp Happy, Henry Cow, and Art Bears
- Dagmar NeubauerGerman Olympic sprinter
- Dagmar Sophie DahlgrenAmerican dancer, singer, and actress of the silent film era
Dagmar in Pop Culture
- Dagmara psychologist in film "Lars and the Real Girl"
- Dagmar Hansonthe youngest child in the play and film "I Remember Mama"