If You Like Ava, You Might Love...
Baby girl name you love but fear is overused? Here are some possible substitutes.
Ada was a favorite at the end of the nineteenth century that has started to come back in the past few years. Some may seek it out as an alternative to the overpopular Ava, and it's also part of the... Read More
Audrey is one of the girls' names that have been rising due to their connection to Old Hollywood glamour--in this case the eternally chic and radiant Audrey Hepburn. Audrey has been in and around ... Read More
Ava was given a huge popularity boost -- Ava's currently at Number 5 -- when dozens of high-profile stars such as Reese Witherspoon and Hugh Jackman chose Ava for their daughters. This Glamour Girl... Read More
Everything ella, from Ella to Bella to Gabriella, is red hot right now. Bella was one of the less overused examples, with the hint of a nice Old World grandmotherly veneer, until it became attached... Read More
Cara is a simple, sweet, Italian endearment that enjoyed some popularity from the 1970s through the 1990s. It's faded now...though that may be a good reason to use it. Read More
Delilah has shed the stigma of its biblical beguiling-temptress image, and is now appreciated for its haunting, melodic, feminine qualities. Check out Delilah's popularity graph below: Delilah's u... Read More
Recent User Lists
- A Song of Ice and Fire: Female
- Names with solid meaning, pleasing sound, old-fashioned, or just plain cool.
- M Names.
- Unnamed List
- Best Girl Names
Eva is a simple, classic name, but be warned: There are suddenly a lot of little girls named Eva (and Ava and Eve) around, perhaps inspired by Eva Longoria--Eva has been a Top 100 name since 2009. ... Read More
Does Fay really need that e at the end? We vote no, but some people may feel spelling it Faye makes the name more balanced and complete, as Anne of Green Gables famously said about her name. And ... Read More
Early and still attractive surname choice, popularized by forties Academy Award winner Greer Garson (born Eileen; Greer was her mother's maiden name), and chosen much more recently by Kelsey Gramme... Read More
Greta is an Old World name long tied to the iconic Garbo. Along with other Old Hollywood glamour names, Greta seems to be showing slight signs of a comeback; it was chosen by David Caruso and by Ph... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Halloween Baby Names Includes: Harlow
- Coolator for Girls' Names Includes: Savannah, Stella, Ava
- Girls' Names Trendier Than You Think Includes: Ada, Audrey, Delilah, Eva, Stella
- A+ Baby Names Includes: Ada, Audrey, Ava
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls Includes: Savannah
- Mermaid Baby Names Includes: Lola
- If You Like Georgia, You Might Love... Includes: Bella, Cara, Eva, Lola, Savannah, Stella, Ava
- Disney Baby Names Includes: Cara
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Bella