If You Like Emily, You Might Love...
Amy was a 1970s favorite, and French spelling Aimee peaked in the same decade.
Aimee Teegarden is an American actress, known for her role as Julie Taylor on the TV drama Friday Night... Read More
Amalia is a widely cross-cultural name, heard from Italy to Romania, Germany to Scandinavia. The current heir to the Dutch throne is Princess Catharina-Amalia of Orange. It can be pronounced... Read More
Amelia, a lovely Victorian name, with a heroic connection to aviatrix Amelia Earhart, is one of the HOTTEST girls' names as an alternative to the overused Emily and Amanda. Amelia emerged as the... Read More
This French favorite has been gaining notice here thanks to the charming 2001 French film Amelie; it entered the American popularity list in 2002 and is now solidly established in the Top... Read More
Cecily is as dainty as a lace handkerchief. Sisters of Cecily that may also interest you: Cecilia, Celia, Cicely, and Celestia.
Cecily has a wide assortment of namesakes. One Cecily... Read More
In the past few years Ellery has gone from middle-aged male detective to a plausible girls' name, a la Hillary. Read More
Recent User Lists
- Cowboy / Western Names (BOYS)
- Skyrim Girl Names
- Boys Names that Sound Both Strong and Smart
- Classic, but Uncommon Names
- my top Hyphen girl Names
The lyrical and melodious Elodie, a budding Nameberry favorite, is an overlooked medieval saint's name that could be a more sophisticated tribute to an Aunt Melody.
Elodie (accent over... Read More
The combination of Emily and Emma's popularity -- and the fact that Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher's daughter is named Emerson -- have put this formerly strictly male name,... Read More
The superpopularity of Emily and Emma has recently boosted the unisex Emery, especially since it's also a starbaby via Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn. (There are nearly eight times as many female... Read More
Emilia, the lovely feminine form of the Roman clan name Aemilius, is rising as an Emily/Amelia alternative, now at Number 133. Its one problem is that it sounds like and is often seen as... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Aurelia
- Baby Names That Mean Luck Includes: Asher
- Space Baby Names Includes: Aurora
- Italian Word Names Includes: Aurora
- Names Girls Love Having Includes: Ariel
- 1900s Baby Names Includes: Arthur
- Belles of the Ball Includes: Annabel, Arabella
- Unisex Baby Names Includes: Avery
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration Includes: Adeline, Amos, Atticus
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Arabella, Aurora