Colonial Names for Boys
Many of the baby names that were widely used during colonial times have fallen out of favor for long enough now to sound fresh and even cool again. If you like historic baby names but want to move beyond the Victorian and biblical choices we've heard so much of in recent years, consider these names culled from Revolutionary War rolls and eighteenth-century town histories. The only caveat: The choices are much wider and more appealing for boys than for girls.
Recent User Lists
- Ruby Rose has a dog called Sadie, a cat called Mirabel and a sibling on the way...
- Ocean, water, nautical or nature themed names.
- What do you think, favourites please
- What do you think of?
- Russian Girls Names
You might also like these lists:
- Vowel Baby Names for Boys Includes: Abner, Abraham, Amias, Amos, Asa, Eli, Elias, Elijah, Isaac, Isaiah
- Roman Names Includes: Philo, Rufus
- Pixar Baby Names Includes: Thaddeus
- International Variations of Alexandra Includes: Eli
- Baby Names with No Nicknames Includes: Eli
- Disney Baby Names Includes: Rufus
- Harry Potter Names Includes: Amos, Gideon, Phineas, Rufus
- Baby Names That Mean Strong Includes: Ezekiel
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names Includes: Abraham, Amos, Elijah, Homer, Isaac, Josiah, Levi, Phineas, Thaddeus
- Scottish Baby Names Includes: Archibald