If You Like Oscar, You Might Love....
Adler is a German surname that is beginning to be used occasionally as a first. Among the distinguished bearers of Adler as a last name are Freud colleague Alfred Adler, actress and influential... Read More
Bernard is obviously a saint's name, but how did it get to the big, benevolent dog? The eleventh century monk, patron saint of mountain climbers, who lived in the Alps, was famed for setting up... Read More
Boris is one of the old Russian names being revived by chic Europeans; it hasn't quite made a comeback yet in the U.S., but it does have potential.
For a long time the name has been... Read More
Casimir, a traditional name of Polish kings, would have problems assimilating here. But like Leopold and Laszlo, Casimir is strong and exotic and worth considering if you've got an adventurous... Read More
This ancient name, also spelled Caspar, is finally shedding its ghostly image and moving into the 21st century. Popular in the Netherlands and Scandinavia, where it's sometimes shortened to Cas,... Read More
The sophisticated Edmund and its nearly-identical French twin Edmond are coming out of mothballs now that Edward, inspired by Twilight, is once again a hot name.
Edmund has had... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Cowboy / Western Names (BOYS)
- Skyrim Girl Names
- Boys Names that Sound Both Strong and Smart
- Classic, but Uncommon Names
- my top Hyphen girl Names
Ernest is one of those sober, so-far-out-they're-beginning-to-be-reconsidered Great Uncle names. It was a Top 40 name from 1880 to 1926, and has never been completely off the Social Security list.... Read More
Felix, energetic and upbeat with a felicitous meaning, has finally transcended its negative associations to Felix The Cat and the persnickety Felix Unger.
The name of four popes and... Read More
Leon is one of the leonine names that is extremely hot in Europe right now—it's Number 20 in Sweden, Number 17 in Norway, and Number 55 in Scotland. Although it peaked here in the 1920s, it is... Read More
This aristocratic, somewhat formal Germanic route to the popular Leo is a royal name: Queen Victoria used it to honor a favorite uncle, King Leopold of Belgium. Though Leopold sounds as if it... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Aurelia
- Baby Names That Mean Luck Includes: Asher
- Space Baby Names Includes: Aurora
- Italian Word Names Includes: Aurora
- Names Girls Love Having Includes: Ariel
- 1900s Baby Names Includes: Arthur
- Belles of the Ball Includes: Annabel, Arabella
- Unisex Baby Names Includes: Avery
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration Includes: Adeline, Amos, Atticus
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Arabella, Aurora