VINTAGE NAMES: What era are you?
Unless you’re a baby namer focused on finding a newly created or cutting-edge name, chances are you’ve considered using one from the past. But which part of the past? An ancient name or one from earlier in the 20th century?
So, the question of the week is: Which of these, if any, are you partiularly attracted to?
- Ancient names like Atticus?
- Medieval names like Isolde?
- Puritan like Prudence?
- Frilly Victorian valentines?
- 1880s-90s names like Minnie or Oscar?
- 1900s-10s choices like Ruby or Raymond?
- 1920s-40s like Betty or Billy?
- 1950s-60s such as Kimberly or Kevin?
- 1970s -80s like Amy, Ashley or Amanda?
Needless to say, many if not most names move across time and are rarely connected to only one decade or even era–future berries just might think of Atticus as a 2010s name.