Category: Aiden or Aidan?
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Does a different spelling alter the image of a name?
We’re not talking about kreeatif spellings here, but standard variations. For example:
• Would Ann of Green Gables have seemed like a slightly different character? (She passionately advocated for the e at the end of her name, claiming it made it “so much more distinguished.”)
• Do you see Catherine as more classic than Katherine?
• Is Isobel more exotic than Isabel?
• Aiden more modern or American than Aidan?
• Elisabeth softer than Elizabeth?
• How about Susanna vs Susannah, Margo vs Margot, Mae vs May?
Any other examples you can think of where different spellings alter your perception of a name?