Eva is a simple, classic name, but be warned: There are suddenly a lot of little girls named Eva (and Ava and Eve) around, perhaps inspired by Eva Longoria--Eva has been a Top 100 name since 2009. Pronunciation can be ee-va, eh-va, or ay-va.
The 1852 publication of Uncle Tom's Cabin, the bestselling novel of the nineteenth century, whose tragic figure Little Eva (short for Evangeline) made an enormous impression on the Victorian reading public, propelled the name to popularity.
Lists containing Eva:
- If You Like Georgia, You Might Love...
- Girls' Names Trendier Than You Think
- British Baby Names for Girls
- Vowel Baby Names for Girls
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- If You Like Ava, You Might Love...
- If You Like Eva, You Might Love...
- Hollywood Glamour Girl Names
- Perennially Popular Girl Baby Names
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names
- Short Baby Names