Barnaby, a genial and energetic name with an Irish-sounding three-syllable lilt, is an ancient appellation that manages to be both unusual and highly attractive and deserves to be used more than it is. A sweet-spot name that's a real winner.
Barnaby is a version of Barnabas, the name of an Apostle companion of St. Paul on his missionary journeys. The name of the good-natured hero of Dickens's novel Barnaby Rudge, it became more familiar to the modern American public through the TV series Barnaby Jones. Barnaby has been a character in Hello, Dolly!, a doctor played by Cary Grant in the movie Monkey Business, a comic strip character, and has starred in a number of children's books.
Lists containing Barnaby:
- High-Energy Baby Names
- Three-Syllable Baby Names
- Boy Names Kids Consider Cool
- If You Like Zachary, You Might Love...
- British Boy Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Literary Names for Boys
- If You Like Alex, You Might Love...
- Unusual Baby Names
- Vintage Baby Names
- Cool Vintage Baby Names
- 100+ Classic Boys’ Baby Names — below the Top 1000