Asher -- an excellent, soft and sensitive Old Testament choice -- is definitely on the rise, climbing more than sixty places in the last two years, and a nameberry biblical favorite. Asher's ascent is especially amazing given that it took a hundred-year hiatus from the Top 1000, from the 1890s until reappearing in the 1990s. And now Asher is close to breaking into the Top 100.
Asher has been chosen for their sons by TV newswoman Campbell Brown and actress Embeth Davidtz. Its image was somewhat rejuvenated by an appearance as a character on "Gossip Girl," and the rapper Asher Roth.
Oh--and another plus for Asher: the handsome diminutive Ash.
Lists containing Asher:
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- Baby Names That Mean Happy
- If You Like Ethan, You Might Love...
- If You Like Parker, You Might Love...
- Boy Baby Names Trendier Than You Think
- Coolator for Boys' Names
- Vowel Baby Names for Boys
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Hipster Baby Names
- If You Like Aaron, You Might Love...
- Boy Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- A+ Baby Names
- Biblical Baby Names for Boys