Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Middle Names ?

Middle Names ?

Hello,
    Ya'll may think I'm, nuts, BUT: One of my all time most loved names for a baby girl is Lazuli. I read a lot of Robert Heinlein when I was younger and fell in love with it as a name then, not to mention Lapis Lazuli is my fav gemstone.

My only issue is, what would you put as a middle name with it? Since it is an unusual name, I like the idea of making the middle name something more traditional, just in case the kid would rather use a more common name at some point in life.

I've come across a lot of names I really like with Lazuli, unfortunatly they are mostly Japanese or Hawian, with strong *ko* endings....not exactly fitting in with the desire for a traditional middle name.

Any suggestions out there???

Re: Middle Names ?

do you feel comfortable sharing the last name? i find that always helps a great deal in figuring out which way to go with sounds, syllables, long/short names, etc. but i think the name Lazuli is really nice and truly unique! it's great! :)

The last name is a bit of a clunker, and we've pretty much accepted that there isn't much out there that is going to "flow" well with it, but it's ours and we love it! ;)

It is : Schmutz-Sowards (both pronounced phonetically)

Viva la Germanic Heritage! lol

Wow, that is some last name! I definitely agree that Lazuli needs a simple middle name. Are there any family names you'd like to use? Is your name Jane? Because the first thing I thought was Lazuli Jane, even before I noticed your name. I think that's really pretty. I can't look at my list at the moment, but here are just a few ideas

Lazuli Anne
    Lazuli Kate
    Lazuli Pearl
    Lazuli Grace
    Lazuli Hope
    Lazuli May
    Lazuli Jane (saying it again because I love it!)
    Lazuli Rose (though Rose is the most popula middle name)
    Lazuli Marie
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Ooh, I love the idea of Lazuli Jane and Lazuli Pearl! I think Lazuli with your last name is a bit much, personally, but if you want to use it I would go with those combos.

I love the Lazuli Jane suggestion! :-)

How funny you mentioned Jane! It's one of the few middle names that has been kinda bouncing around in my head to put with Lazuli. Plus it's my Mothers nickname (long story), which I think would be a really cool way to honor my Mom with out being overly sappy.

The one time I mentioned it to my husband he wasn't to big on it...He feels Jane is just *to* plain and generic.

Also, I love the name Marie...it was my grandmas name and I've always wanted to use it as a middle name if I have a girl. I just worry it's to rhyme-y to work well with Lazuli (LAZ-ull-ee Ma-ree)

Right now we are most likely going with Lorelei Marie, but I keep coming back and playing with possible Lazuli names just because I love it so much :)

Have you showed him that Jane is ranked in the 400's? And that your child will be anything but plain with the middle name Jane? haha that rhymed. Marie is very sweet too, but I love Jane.

Lorelei is lovely!

I love Lazuli- i've never heard it but i'm definitely a fan- it reminds me of one of my favorite names (Behati). I think that for middle names Maya, Anna, Rose, and Jane are all nice and its especially nice that Jane has some meaning :)
    Favorite girl names: Estella, Marielle, Carys, Doutzen, Mireille, Edith, Saskia, Eve, Sienna, Cosima, Winnie, Delphine, Meredith, Sylvie, Sloane

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Daniel, Henry, Adam, Seth, Abram/Bram, Johan, Johannes, Sven, George, Adlai, Adam