Menu

Twin boys with siblings (boys #4 and #5)

With twin boys i am not sure what direction to go in. i don't want them to be to matchy but you are going to be saying the two names together quite often. i have a long list of girls names but with boys i am floundering a little bit. My boys are named Henry, Jack, and William (liam). So you can see that i like classic names but i have found these names to be a little to popular for my taste. Also some of the names i like i fear may sound a little to pretentious for my taste. Anyways i guess i am looking for names that are classic but not to popular. Here is my list so far (i am all over the board) tell me if you like the names and which ones sound good together and if you have any suggestions.

Nathaniel (Nate)
    Charles (don't like nn Chuck and Charlie)
    Edward (Ward) Love this name might be my top pick
    James
    Miles (not sure if it fits)
    Hugh (fear he would be called ewww)
    Nicholas (very popular in my family)
    Finian (Finn)
    Caleb (Cal)
    Sebastian (might not fit and is very popular in my area)
    Everett
    Kingston (family name)
    Daniel

Re: Twin boys with siblings (boys #4 and #5)

Wonderful names! :-)

Nathaniel (Nate): A fantastic name!

Charles (don't like nn Chuck and Charlie): I love Charles, but if you don't like its nicknames, maybe you should use it as a middle name. It's a sure thing that others will call him Charlie or Chuck.

Edward (Ward): I LOVE Edward!

James: A great name...

Miles (not sure if it fits): I do like Miles, but for a middle name. Milo is nice, too.

Hugh (fear he would be called ewww): I do like Hugh, but I sometimes think it sounds too insubstantial for a first name. If you have ewww fears, I'd use one of the other awsome names on your list!

Nicholas (very popular in my family): A great name, but, as you said, it's very popular in your family.

Finian (Finn): Finnian is a great name! It would be darling with Milo.

Caleb (Cal): I'm not a Caleb fan (I don't know why!), and am wondering about Calvin for you.

Sebastian (might not fit and is very popular in my area): I love Sebastian. How about using it as a middle name option?

Everett: This name has really been growing on me. This is another one that works especially well with Miles and Finnian.

Kingston (family name): I'd definitely keep this as a middle name. It's lovely!

Daniel: I adore Daniel

Edward Charles and James Nicholas
    Edward Kingston and James Nicholas
    Edward Finnian and Nathaniel James
    Everett Miles and Finnian James
    Everett James and Milo Sebastian

Best wishes to you!

i absolutely love the name Finnian James thanks so much. i think i will definately use that along with Edward though i am still not sure about a middle name though i am leaning towards Charles.

Why does everyone want to give Charles a nickname? Seriously - the name is only one syllable long! If you want to name your baby Charles but don't like the nicknames, then name him Charles and call him Charles. If another adult tries to call him Chuck or Charlie, just firmly say, "His name is Charles." It's as simple as that. That is what my mother did with my sis and me, and when we were older and other children tried to call us by nicknames, we would just say, "That is not my name." Worked everytime.

Nathaniel nn Nate - I love this name. How about naming his twin Theodore (nn Theo)? They both mean 'gift from God'.
    Charles - I think it's quite likely he will end up being nicknamed Charlie at school, and may want to encourage it, so if this really bothers you then I would steer clear of it.
    Edward nn Ward - matches your children's names very well. It may be set to become uber-popular with the Twilight phenomenon, though.
    James - classic, handsome, and matches your children's names very well.
    Miles - I don't think it fits, and I don't personally like it, either.
    Hugh - I wouldn't worry about the 'ewww', as this shouldn't last beyond nursery if it happens at all, but personally I prefer Hugo.
    Nicholas - is the popularity within your family a positive or negative thing? Again, I feel like it fits your children's names well.
    Finian nn Finn - I'm not sure how well this fits, but I do like it.
    Caleb nn Cal - as with Finian.
    Sebastian - I think it does fit, but I would avoid it because of the popularity.
    Everett - I like.
    Kingston - to me, it doesn't fit well with your children's names.
    Daniel - nice.

Have you considered Lorcan, Connor or Oscar?

My favourite combinations of the names you gave are :
    Edward and James
    Everett and James
    Everett and Nathaniel
    Edward and Nathaniel.

If you really want to use Finian or Caleb, I would use them both, as they have the same sort of feel and this would avoid the possibility of one name standing out.

With twin boys i am not sure what direction to go in. i don't want them to be to matchy but you are going to be saying the two names together quite often. i have a long list of girls names but with boys i am floundering a little bit. My boys are named Henry, Jack, and William (liam). So you can see that i like classic names but i have found these names to be a little to popular for my taste. Also some of the names i like i fear may sound a little to pretentious for my taste. Anyways i guess i am looking for names that are classic but not to popular. Here is my list so far (i am all over the board) tell me if you like the names and which ones sound good together and if you have any suggestions.

Nathaniel (Nate)
    Charles (don't like nn Chuck and Charlie) - I love Charles nn Charlie! I agree with Jill that maybe you should use it as a middle name.
    Edward (Ward) Love this name might be my top pick - love Edward and Edwin.
    James - love, especially as a middle name.
    Miles (not sure if it fits) - I love Miles so much!
    Hugh (fear he would be called ewww) - Yeah, I don't really like Hugh.
    Nicholas (very popular in my family) - One of my faves, love the nn's Nico and Colin.
    Finian (Finn) - love
    Caleb (Cal)
    Sebastian (might not fit and is very popular in my area) - love, my son's middle name. He loves it.
    Everett
    Kingston (family name) - that's so cool that it's a fam name. I'd definitely use it as a middle.
    Daniel - this is one of my very favorite names, but it has become #1 in CA where I live. Too bad. Maybe it isn't so popular where you live. When I was young, I always thought I might name my son Daniel. But I'm glad we didn't because his two best friends are named Daniel.