Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help for a friend!

My friend (who has a broken computer) is looking for 4 names: first and middle for her b/g twins. Siblings are Ashley Grace "Ash" and Thomas Rice "Tom". The first name has to have an 's' in it (but not start with it), and middle name must have a 'c' (but not start with it). She doesn't care about the popularity, and the 'out' names are:

Girls:
    Isabel/le/la
    Ash- names
    Paisley
    Addison
    Janice

Boys:
    Cash
    Edison
    Jackson
    Maurice

Thanks, we appreciate your help!

Re: Help for a friend!

I would love to help, but I need to know what style of names she likes plus if she wants longer first names and shorter middle names or just the opposite. Thomas is a classic name and Ashley is more of a contemporary name, so which style does she prefer?

Her husband likes classic names, and she likes more contemporary names. Since her one daughter has a contemporary name, a classic one will be best for the next, thus a more contemporary one for her son. And short middle names are preferred. If nothing is found, then Grace and Rice will be used again. Rice is her maiden name.

S in first name, C in middle name, this is kind of like a name game and I do like name games. Boys-contemporary, Girls-classic, okay:
    Girls: Louisa, Elissa, Francesca, Iris, Josephine, Jessamyn, Larissa, Maisie, Susanna(h), Elisabeth, Theresa nn Tessa or Tess, Celeste, Alisa, Alyssa, and Marisa. Middle names with a "c": Lace, Bryce.
    Boys: Josiah, Jasper, Bryson, Oscar, Jesse, Joshua, Hosea, Moses, Isaiah, Isaac. I think that biblical boys names can sound contemporary if they haven't been in style for a long time and then they suddenly are fashionable again like Isaac. Middle names: Jack, Bryce, Macon, Royce, Luca.
    That was hard but fun!

Thank you, unoriginal and susan! Those are great choices. She's already thinking Louisa or Celeste and is thinking James (a popular New Testament name with Thomas). But middle names she isn't sure on. Why they chose to have the letters is because her name starts with S and his name starts with C, and they didn't want similar initials but wanted to be commemorated in the names. Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing more...

She's thinking Celeste and Alice. And James and Isaac. But is there a nickname for Celeste? That's what she's worried about.

I think it's okay to be really flexible with nicknames. Why not use Celia or Cessie as a nickname for Celeste? Or she could name her daughter Cecilia or Cecily and call her Ceil, Celia, Cessie, C.C., Cissy, etc.

She's now waiting for Celeste Alice and Cosmo Isaac. Since Celeste means heavenly, Cosmo fits and there was a Cosimo in her family many years ago. Lissie is the nickname she chose for Celeste (via Alice), and Coz for Cosmo (there's Mo also, but she knows a Monica who goes by that.). Thank you again, unoriginal and susan, for your wonderful suggestions!

Very cool names!