Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbie looking for your opinions on Corinna?

After going through and carefully considering at least 200 name combinations, I think I have circled back to Corinna, with my maiden name in the middle, as a sibling to Charles/Charlie. I never wanted to be one of those people who named all their kids with the same letter, but there it is. ;-)

What are your overall opinions on Corinna? Ever met one? What kind of girl/woman do you picture?

Thanks!

Re: Newbie looking for your opinions on Corinna?

I was just talking to a friend about this name yesterday...I love it BUT anyone with this name would have to go through life telling people it is COR-IN-A not COR-EE-NA..it is a beautiful name if you are willing to deal with that issue. I know of a little girl with this name and when I told her mom how much I liked her name ...the first thing she said was that people always mispronounce it.

It is very pretty - but per tommie's post - I didn't pronounce it right at first. But if you love it then that is what matters most :)

I think it's beautiful. I agree with the other posters on pronunciation though, that could be a problem. And as for the kids names starting with the same letter, don't worry about it. If it's the name you love, that's what matters most. Plus, they don't start with the same sound. And it's not like naming your kids Kimberly, Khloe, and Kourtney, ya know?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

It is my name! Although my parents spelled it with an "e" instead of an "i." I love it and always have. Sometimes people do mispronounce it. I recently met another girl named Corrinna, and she did say the same thing. She is the first person I've ever met who shared my name. I'm 29. She might be in her early 20's.

I don't know anyone named Corinna, but growing up in the Deep South, Corinne was a pretty, old-fashioned name along the lines of Violet that's just aching for a comeback. Here it's pronounced Cor-RYNN, which I've always thought sounds much more feminine than Cor-een.

Corinna makes me think of a beautiful, sweet, and feminine girl. Maybe called Cori as a nickname. It's adorable. It's an unusual and sweet name, better than Corinne, which is too blah. I know a Corinne and haven't cared for the name since. It goes with almost any sibling name except Corbin (m) and Cora (f)!

I think Corinna is a very pretty name, but not too frilly. People may mispronounce it at first, but probably only need to be corrected once. And some may pronounce it correctly, since it's unfamiliar and some will just read it phonetically, which leads to a correct pronunciation. I have a friend named Corinne who has always gone by Cori anyway (that nickname seems much more feminine and pretty when it's short for Corinne than when it's the full given name).

This name is becoming appealing to me as well...I love the Bob Dylan song, Corinna, Corinna.

This name is becoming appealing to me as well...I love the Bob Dylan song, Corinna, Corinna.