Menu

Baby in a multilingual household

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are expecting our first child (we don't know the gender yet) and are looking for names. He only speaks English while my mother tongue is French. We live in a French-speaking country and the child will be attending a French-speaking school later on. So the main challenge is to find a name that can be pronounced by both of us (and other people, as the child will interact with both French-speaking people and American people). I'm aware that our kid's name will be pronounced slightly differently considering the accent and all that, but we would still like to avoid ending up with completely different pronunciations I guess.

Please share your opinions and your own suggestions!
    Last edited by armilla; August 21st, 2019 at 10:55 AM.

Dahlia, Cornelia and Tallulah are lovely. I'll suggest Delia, Eliora and Elodie

Elias, Rory and Nathaniel are great!
    I'll suggest Isaac, Rowan and Felix
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

Gaia is my favourite for you for the girls; but I love Cornelia, Victoire and Talulah too! For the boys, I like them all apart from Lowen and Yonas (I'd prefer Jonah), though I think for you, Jacob is my favourite.
    I'd also like to suggest Lucia, Delphine, Elodie, Amelie, Azelie, Aveline/Adeline, Xavier, Raphael, Felix, Leopold, Arthur and Solomon.
    Last edited by adelina_sophia; August 20th, 2019 at 04:24 PM.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Rose ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Sierra + Aurora + Delilah + Altair
    GP Crushes: Ximena + Siofra + Olina