Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on My Boys List

What is your favorite name from my boys list? I feel like I don’t pay as much attention to boys names because I so strongly feel this baby is a girl, but I could always be wrong and I like to be prepared :P

Owen
    Oliver
    Dylan
    Colin
    Callum

I did not include all of the boy names in my signature because while I do really like them, I can just picture using one of these three the most as of right now if baby is a boy.
    Last edited by sugarplum.fairy; July 29th, 2019 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added a couple more names
    Rachel Elise

fur loves are Snickers, Mirabel, Sybil, & Rita

Maggie Olivia is coming sometime around 02/26/2020

Some other favorites
    Tessa Penelope & Rosie Eleanor
    Owen Thatcher & Jude Bellamy

Dylan! Love the meaning and the feel
    Owen is great too
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

My favourite would have to be Oliver. It has such a classic feel to it and reminds me of Oliver Twist.
    Owen and Dylan are lovely Welsh names too.

Dylan is my favorite, I'd personally go with Dylan Oliver and as a first and middle together.
    Delete this account, dont like my username.

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts:

Owen-Well, I really like this. I used to know a bratty little child called this which really hurt the name for me. Then recently I read a book w/a character named Owen who was delightful. Now I love the name! Sooo, strong personal associations. That being said, it's a strong, old fashioned yet fresh at the same time, masculine yet gentle easy to say and spell name. You can't go wrong.

Oliver-This is nice. It's a little more posh than Owen, but in a cute way. Sounds like a smart slightly geeky fun guy whereas Owen is a little more rugged. Oliver is getting super popular though, if that bothers you.

Dylan-I like this a lot. It sort of gets lumped in with trendy boys names from the 90s like Blake, Austin & Evan etc. But I feel like Dylan has more history. Maybe it's the classic poet feel because of Dylan Thomas or Bob Dylan. It's just sort of artsy, but also a little surfer dude feel. In a good way!

I'm not help since I like these all. Dylan may be my favorite by a hair.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

Congratulations!

Owen - Short and sweet! I would picture a little Owen to be kind, generous, and friendly. Easy to spell and pronounce. I think this is my favorite of your list.

Oliver - Another sweet name. I think an Oliver would be curious and witty. The only thing that turns me off this name is it's popularity - it's now #5 in the US which is just too common for my personal taste. It's not a deal breaker, but something for you to consider.

Dylan - I don't love this name. I've grown up with a lot of Dylan/Dillions around me so it is starting to sound dated to me. It's a nice enough name, but at least where I grew up it's more of a name associated with 20 somethings rather than babies.

Thanks everyone! Every time I think I pick a favorite of the three, I think “oh but X and Y are so nice too.” As of this particular moment, I think I’m truly torn between Owen and Oliver, much as I adore Dylan (this is very subject to change, though).

I forgot to add: I’m not too bothered by popularity. I grew up with a super popular name (Rachel) and didn’t mind it.
    Last edited by sugarplum.fairy; July 28th, 2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Rachel Elise

fur loves are Snickers, Mirabel, Sybil, & Rita

Maggie Olivia is coming sometime around 02/26/2020

Some other favorites
    Tessa Penelope & Rosie Eleanor
    Owen Thatcher & Jude Bellamy

I like Owen and Dylan ahead of Oliver--probably because they seem a bit more rough and tumble and Oliver a bit more stately--but I think all three are nice names!

I adore Oliver followed closely by Owen and then Dylan. They are all solid names.

Henry Everett GrayJack Rowan AugustTheodore Milo AtlasOliver Bennett Wolf
    Charlotte Eliza BirdieSophie Anne LavenderPoppy Isobel Margaret

“A person’s a person, no matter how small”

heart my son
    • • • • • • • • •

Dylan feels a bit dated to me (I grew up with lots of Dylans!) so I would drop that. Oliver is a lovely, lilting name, and I like the Oliver Twist connection a lot. That said, it is sooo popular that it is starting to lose a bit of its charm for me. Still a contender, though?

I love Owen. Used to be one of my favorite names when I was much younger. I think Owen is warm and friendly and could suit someone bookish or outdoorsy or sporty equally well.