Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

For Zelda's sister - your opinion on our shortlist?

Context: We live in French-speaking Québec, my partner speaks Spanish and our daughters (will) have a Spanish last name, we speak French, Spanish and English at home.

Our shortlist at the moment and their 'but's...

Frida - the frontrunner at the moment, but I've always said I wouldn't give rhyming name to siblings... what do you think? is it cutesy? are they too similar?

Sol - close second, but in the Spanish-speaking world, it's the nickname for Soledad, so I'm worried it would be seen as incomplete, thin. Also in French and English, it tends to be seen as more masculine.

Lorelei - an old love of mine, but it doesn't quite flow as well in French as it does in English, which bugs me a bit.

Juno - a new addition I can't get out of my head, but it would mean using the English pronunciation even when speaking French and Spanish to her - I always said I'd only choose names that could be seamlessly pronounced in our 3 languages.

Winifred - another newbie. I love it and surprisingly so does my partner, but like Lorelei it doesn't flow quite as well in French.

Feel free to make suggestions if our list inspires you.

Thank you!

I love Sol and Juno! Frida might be too similar with sister Zelda but I do like it. Sol, Juno, and Lorelei all go the best with Zelda. Again, Frida is too close in my opinion and I think Winifred is too different from Zelda.

Suggestions:
    Ismay
    Cecily
    Nephele
    Io
    Lune
    Olwen
    Aura
    Daphne
    Delphine
    Nova
    Una
    Uma
    Seren
    Circe
    Gwinna
    Arwen
    Hollyn
    Vote on my names:
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9870842

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐿𝑒𝓂 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝒿𝒶𝒽

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 ❤️

ⓕⓤⓣⓤⓡⓔ ⓑⓐⓑⓔⓢ
    𝐸𝒷𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓁, 𝒜𝓋𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒾 𝐸𝓏𝓇𝒶, 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝑒 𝒥𝓊𝒹𝑒, 𝐵𝑒𝓃-𝒜𝓂𝒾, 𝒜𝓋𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓃, 𝒢𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓃 𝑅𝓊𝓉𝒽, 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓃, 𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓃𝒶, 𝒩𝒾𝓈𝓈𝒶 𝐿𝑒𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓃, 𝒟𝒶𝓋𝒾 𝒥𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓅𝑒𝓇💕

I really like Frida with Zelda! Even though they both end in the "da" sound, the beginning sounds are so different that the names feel very distinctive to my ears.

Suggestions:

Astrid
    Leonie
    Greta
    Lilou
    Saskia
    Lux
    Cleo
    Flora
    Gaia
    Freya
    Sylvie
    Cassia
    Marina
    Lola
    Selah
    Luna
    Wilhelmina
    Maude
    Ramona
    Oona
    violet matilda dare · margo eliza moon · louisa alice elm
    beatrix ramona brave [birdie] · edith tallulah bright [dot]

dashiell henry tabor · casper julian sparrow · august orson river
    theo alaric fox · emmett arthur baird · jack evergreen atlas

Hello, and congrats! My favorite, hands down, is Frida. I don't think it's frilly at all: I find it strong, distinctive, and artistic.

Soleil: This was my first thought for you. Sol is the first syllable, which has a really bold, dynamic sound. However, you have a preference for longer names, and this one adds a syllable that reminds me a lot of Lorelei.
    Dulce/Dulcinea
    Thora
    Dahlia
    Camellia
    Lavinia
    Agata
    Veda/Vera
    Viveca
    Indigo
    Aura
    Anais
    India
    Aine's Top 1000 Signature (Under Construction)

Juniper Phoebe Scout * Florence Ophelia Estelle * Arden Sylvie Magnolia * Vera Catherine Laurel * Nadia Celine Wren * Margot Josephine Gwen * Esme Charlotte Birdie * Celia Anais Audrey

Honor names bolded

Zelda and Frida or Zelda and Juno are fantastic!