Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I am the minority who didn't think of parrots at all, haha. Instead I thought of the nursery rhyme, 'Miss Polly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick...'

I don't think it's bad at all, I do like Molly slightly more though
    "Jessie" Jessica Emily Faith
    Living in the land of Oz...
    Ronan: For the sake of spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Combo Considerations:
    ★ Amara Kate ★ Jonas Michael Ellis★ Lorenzo "Enzo" River ★ Viviana Camille ★ Rowe Henry Robin ★ Thora Jewel ★ Luca Rowen Henry ★ Emmy Noelle ★ Bentley Reed ★ Mary Belle Aster ★ Anna Lora Lark★

Technically I like Polly. It is spunky and sassy and has a good dollop of charm. I have a bad association with one though, so I just think of her. Obviously, you don't have this problem, so I think it would make a good addition to your list. I don't like Pollyanna though, as it is an alternative term for a Mary Sue.
    Last edited by nooshi; June 29th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
    Girls:
    Camellia Edie, Anouk Bellamy, Vesper Daisy, Beatrice / Beatrix Emeth, Shalom Jessamine, Francesca Evangeline, Mabel Endellion, Josephine Paderau, Elowen Mercy.

Boys:
    Charles Gardener, Moses Andrew, Barnaby Quiller,
    Rufus Beau, Enoch Matthias, Felix Boaz, Otis Hosea, Amias Ezekiel, Asa Gus, Ignatius Cal, Bertie Valo, Shepherd Theodore, Guthrie Abe.

Polly is pretty well established for parrots, and I'd be offended to be called Pollyanna, so I certainly wouldn't subject a female child to a life of never being taken seriously.

Polly is an endearing vintage nickname-name that deserves to be loved and used.

I wish I could undo it's "Polly-want-a-cracker" association with parrots.

http://word-ancestry.livejournal.com...?thread=954384
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Polly is pretty well established for parrots, and I'd be offended to be called Pollyanna, so I certainly wouldn't subject a female child to a life of never being taken seriously.
    I'm missing something here, what exactly is offensive about Pollyanna?....I just like it for the connection to Hayley Mills, (who I was named after), and I've never ever heard of it outside of the book, but it ranks in the UK top 1000.
    haley / ttc 2018
    alyssa dorothy ○ britney violet ○ brooke amelia ○ chrissy margaret
    heather olivia ○ kelly christina ○ melissa amy ○ jessica bluebell ○ stephanie ava ○ ashley sophia ○

aaron jacob ○ adam kenneth ○ aiden michael ○ andrew jordan
    daniel thomas ○ ethan robert ○ jake matthew ○ nathan scott ○ zachary william ○

testing out: kayla emily & katrina evelyn
    boys. / girls. / vote.