Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Dance songs?

So, as my fiancé and I are discussing which song to have as our first dance at our wedding, I'm curious to hear what songs that you've either chosen as your wedding song, or one you'd love to use!

I think my favourite is Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse or Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden.
    h + j - 07.07.18
    kayla charlotte. desiree lily. addison louise. melanie grace. stephanie violet.

I love those songs! My husband and I actually didn't have a first dance song no reception=no dance. If we had, we would've danced to Nickelback's Far Away...a bit of an odd choice, but it has meaning for us.

The actual songs that we used for the wedding were/when:
    Me walking down the isle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftf73WIlue4 (I hope I'm allowed to link that!) It's an instrumental cover of Lifehouse's You and Me

Us leaving/walking out of the church: Flying by Green River Ordinance

I can't remember when this played...I think when my sisters walked down before me: Canon in D (Pachelbel) played by Olov Kindgren

As long as it is special to you, that's all that matters going back and listening to those songs, so I could tell you what we used, brought make so many memories of that day and almost made me cry with remembering how happy we were to make those vows. That's the sort of feelings it should evoke anyhow, there were some other contenders for us...if I think of them, I will let ya know
    Alyssa
    06/2015, forever with my best friend <3 TTC #1

Future little guys:
    Callum Benedict * Dawson James * Timothy Powell * Josiah Moore * Cove Benedict

Future little ladies:
    Ada Rosemary * Eleanor June * Clover Ellis *Alena Caroline * Seraphina Juliette * Claire Annunziata * Kate Margot

I recall you saying it would be a Disney princess themed wedding, so I have to cast my vote for I See The Light from Tangled.
    Amber • 20 • UK • proudly autistic • #boycottautismspeaks
    Imelda Lore ❀ Antoinette Briar ❀ Runa Morrigan ❀ Leontine Opal
    Asher Crescent ❀ Emil Forest ❀ Ludovic Frey ❀ Caius Valentine
    will never be expecting, will always be collecting
    lists under construction

If I'm being completely honest, I'd put my vote in for Can You Feel the Love Tonight from The Lion King or You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan. Of course, I have no significant other yet to cast his vote so we'll have to wait and see. I definitely love Amber's idea from Tangled. Also adding So This is Love from Cinderella (it was THEIR first dance too!).
    Abby|17|Writer|Competitive Dancer|Class of 2017

Trying...
    Saskia Brynn | Lyra Simone | Twyla Isabel | Geneva Sophie "Evie" | Arliss Zoe
    Seraphina Lily "Phin" | Elsa Leilani | Azula Charlotte "Zuzu" | Neve Ariana

💜

I doubt I'd have dancing at my wedding--it's a weird thing with my denomination--but if I did, I'd probably use the song from the slow-dancing scene in A Cinderella Story (with Chad Michael Murray and Hilary Duff)--it's called I'll Be. I'd want the version from the film, with the violin, which neither Edwin McCain or the Goo Goo Dolls do?, but I don't know if I could get it haha. I also LOVE You and Me by Lifehouse. And weirdly, maybe a really romantic country song. I'm very limited in the types of music I like, and country is one of my favorites, so if I could think of a country song that suited, too, I might put that on the list. From yours, I love Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse! Honestly, I grew up on Lifehouse, so I think either one would be perfect.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here