Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Convince me!

Convince me!

I've been thinking about Boaz more and more lately, and I've started to doubt my love for it. I fell in love with it because it was spunky, and unusual, and I love (and I do mean love!) the story of Ruth and Boaz in the Bible. One of the most beautiful and romantic stories. Plus, my grandmother was Ruth, and I thought Boaz was the coolest, cutest, funkiest ways to honor her on a boy, and I lovelovelove the nn Beau/Bo. Or at least, I've grown to love it--I liked it when I fell for Boaz, but after I fell for Boaz, I also fell for Beau. There's really only two ways I've found that I like to honor this grandmother--Lily for a girl, and Boaz for a boy--and I'm a bit hesitant to let it go, and I do love the significance, but I'm just not as excited about Boaz as I am my other options. Does Boaz even sound like a name, really?

Any Boaz lovers out there? I know it's not a popular choice, but it seems like people either ADORE it or hate it. Can anyone "see" a Boaz? What would he look like, act like? Is it honestly just too out-there?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I too love the story of Ruth and Boaz and I think it's a cool way to honor your grandmother but I personally don't like the name. It's a bit harsh sounding to me. But I think I can kind of see it if it was an official name but he went by Bo. I just can't imagine anyone going by Boaz fulltime.
    Southern Belles:
    Alira Violet, Aurora Daisy, Calla Elizabeth, Celia Grace, Evangeline Ruby, Georgia Eloise, Lorelei Ivy, Magnolia Charlotte, Rosalie Eden, Serafina Lily

Handsome Gents:
    Abram Sawyer, Bennett Miles, Everett Foster, Ezra Carver, Grayson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Lincoln Valor, Marshall Sumner, Miles Langston

eh... I'm not really a fan, the name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. When I see it I automatically think of the Boa Constrictor snakes.
    Girls: Arabella, Kismet (Kizzy), Kalel, Cypress, Saffron, Vienna and Leighton

Guys: Caspian, Matteo, Levi, Beckett, Easton & Marlowe

teenberry, name lover, writer

I'm not really a fan of Boaz. It has a weird sound, and truthfully, it sounds like something that you would name your dog. I much prefer Beau.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Ariadne | Calliope | Eulalie | Georgiana | Marta | Cecily | Hermione | Jane | Isabel | Petra |

| Linus | Jonas | Basil | Jude | Augustine | Jasper | Thomas | Ezra | Gus | Augustus |

Pondering: | Cecilia |

Have a fabulous day!

It's definitely unusual, but I really like it. Especially with nn Bo!
    I'd imagine it on a dark haired boy who's very compact and tough.
    It would definitely have to be with the right family, it's far from standard.
    Top Names: Benedict Calvin & Noelle Geneva
    Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
    Eli/Solomon : Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
    Due in January!