Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: B Names...

B Names...

I will start off by saying I am not pregnant yet, but I love names and I am in need of finding a B name to love.
    I have a DS, Jonah Elias. My dad passed away and I know that the next baby will be names after him, his name was Barry.

Names I like for Boys: Brody, Bastian, Brendan
    Names I like for Girls: Bryce, Bryn, Brooke

Looking for any suggestions that you think might sound good with Jonah that I can add to my list! I like biblical names, but I can't find many B names that are biblical that I like. I worry that the names I listed dont match well with Jonah.

TIA!

While I think your boy choices fit in rather well with Jonah, your girls names sound very modern and to me don't go well together with classic, biblical Jonah (which I think is really pretty)

Benedict - blessed
    Bennett - little blessed one
    Benjamin
    Bela - BEH-la
    Blake
    Bruno

Sorry that I don't have any girls names.
    I myself find it very hard to like many B names. The only ones I really like are names like Bodhi or Belle.
    Would you like to find a name that sounds similar to Barry or just a B name?
    Last edited by opheliaflora; September 25th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.

England 1900 - 1920

William Percival, Arthur Lionel, Edmund Louis, Victor Archibald, Jack Raymond, Stephen Geoffrey, Fred Lawrence

Sidney Horace, Ivor Francis, Walter Stanley, Cyril Anthony, Edwin Alexander, Charles Frederick, Alfred Maurice

Bertie Lewis, Henry Clifford, Jesse Clarence, Cecil John, Leslie Thomas, Tom Reginald, Hector Leonard

old combos and previous signatures
    https://listography.com/vintagenames

Bryony is an amazing name.............................................. .......................................... Not biased or anything x

I like opheliaflora's suggestions of Benedict, and I am of course a little bias towards Bennett! I particularily love the meaning of these names. I dont have any other suggestions for firsts for a little boy, but what about the middle name or nickname Bear to honor your father? Also curiouse what your dad's middle & last names were (assuming his last is different from yours?), maybe you could consider using one of those to honor as well.

For girls I have recently met an adorable little girl names Brielle, and I also know a little Bria - I dont know the meanings of either and I dont think they are biblical.

Boys
    Benjamin - Classic and handsome beside Jonah.
    Benzion - Hardly mispelt or kreative but very obscure.
    Baruch - Biblical, maybe challenging pronunciation, but nice meaning. Could be called Barry if you wanted.
    Barak - One of my favourite Biblical B names but possibly overtaken by Barack Obama in terms of perception.
    Bram - Love this.
    Barnaby - Irish saint. Not fond of Barney but Barnaby is fine.
    Barrett - Another Bar- option.

Girls
    Blythe - Beautiful meaning, short polished sound like the girls' names you like.
    Belle - Another one-syllable girls' name, but with a lot of history instead of a clashing (IMO) modern sound.
    Bryony - An underused nature name
    Branwen - Winnie? Very cute. I like this one a lot. Same two-syllable as Jonah but not too matchy.
    Beatrice, Beatrix - Attractively antique, huge range of nicks. I like Betty, Bex, and Bee best.
    Betony - Another underused nature name. Pretty flower. Could be Betty for short.
    Brigida - I just really like this.
    Bella - It is its own independent name. And rather pretty, though not as tailored as Belle.
    Bayla - Old fashioned and maybe I'm the only one to like it, but I do indeed like it a lot.
    Bilhah - Biblical route to adorable Billie.