Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Classic but International Names

We are finally getting a shot at naming a boy, due in December. I'm American, but we live in (and hubby is from) central Europe, so we need a name that will work in English (with my middle-America roots) and other European languages (especially the Slavic languages). This gets tougher because sounds like "th", "ch", and "j" are pronounced differently, if at all.

Basically, we want a name that will age and travel well. Our current short list is decent, but they all feel pretty popular right now (this doesn't bother me as much for a boy's name as it would for a girl, for some reason):

Oliver
    Sebastian
    Alexander
    Leo
    Kristian
    Nikolas or Nikolai

If it helps, our girls are C0ra and Mari3l. Would love to hear your ideas and recommendations!

I vote for Oliver because it's my favourite name! I also love Leo and Sebastian from your list. I do like Kristian if spelt Christian. I'm not a fan of K' s were it 'should' be a C. I hope you find the right name for your little boy!
    Moved accounts to...
    @detective_chuckles

I like Leo. I think it works well with your girl's names and I've actually only ever met one Leo. I like Alexander too -it's classic and there are plenty of interesting nickname options too.

Some other that might work:
    Adrian
    Oscar
    Adam
    Felix
    Favourite combos:
    Sarai Matilda. Cressida Hero. Ilaria Winter. Florence Delilah. Ginevra Snow. Amelie Seren. Eden Aurelia. Mina Clementine. Isadora Mairead. Elara Peridot.
    Beau Alexander. Tristan Malachi. Koa Rafferty. Bodhi Lysander. Henry Forrest. Arlo Caspian. Keegan Evander. Felix Jude. Elliott Josiah. Toby August.
    More combos

Matteo
    Savian
    Ottavio
    Lucian
    seconding Felix (one of my favs)
    Romeo
    Joaquin

also love Leo, especially if it's long form is Leonides

I understand where you are coming from! I am also an American, living abroad in my husband's home country. I think all of your options are good/would work well. I'm not a fan of Kristian personally, but I think Alexander, Oliver & Sebastian are awesome!! There is a reason they are popular, they are great strong solid classics. Nicholas/Nicolai is my personal favorite though. I prefer the them with a c though I know the k is much more common and accepted worldwide. I especially love the nickname Nico/Niko!

A few more suggestions that may work..

Andreas
    August
    Hugo
    Lars
    Lucas/Luca
    Marcus (too close to Mariel?)
    Mattias
    Milo
    Orion
    Patrick
    Peter