Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

101 Years - You from birth to 17.

In this story heavy game, we're going through 101 years together! I'm English, so apologies for anything that doesn't make sense outside of the UK.

You:
    Born in 1899 to what kind of family set-up?
    1. Born the last of two children to an extremely wealthy family.
    2. Born the last of two children to an upper middle class family.
    3. Born to an unwed mother and raised by middle class grandparents
    4. Born the last child of three to a prosperous, small business or shop owning family.
    5. Adopted at birth as an only child, and raised by an older couple.
    6. Orphaned months after birth as an only child and raised by a frugal maiden aunt.
    7. Born to a reverend and his wife, the last of ten children.
    8. Born the last child of five to a hardworking, but poor family.
    9. Abandoned at birth, and raised in an orphanage.
    10. Born to a family in poverty, the last of four children.

What were you named? Roll for as many first and middle names as you want. You choose your surname. (You can use this to name any family members you have, if you wish).
    1. Starts with A, E, I, O or U.
    2. A virtue
    3. A flower or plant
    4. https://nameberry.com/list/454/Victo...by-Names?all=1
    5. https://nameberry.com/list/354/Girl-...Top-1000?all=1
    6. A Biblical name
    7. A stone or gem
    8. Named after Great-Aunt Albertine, Grandfather Charles, or Uncle Joseph. (If you rolled for abandoned at birth, re-roll).
    9. Named after your father. Take a feminine version of his name. You choose what your father's name is.
    10. https://nameberry.com/list/26/Roman-Names?all=1

Your childhood:
    If your birth was 1-4, use this list:
    1. Your family funded your every whim, and you became quite spoiled.
    2. Your family encouraged your talents from day one, and organised much of their life around you and your future.
    3. Your family was loving but strict, and you grew up understanding the value of money, and hard work.
    4. Your family showered you with love and affection, but not material things.
    5. Your family was quite strict. You grew up respecting your elders, but happy.
    6. Your family was very regimented. You were kept very distant from your parents, and expected to know your place, and obey.
    7. Your family were very distant. You learned early on that you couldn't rely on their love or support unless you had something of value to offer them.
    8. Your family had high expectations, and your days were packed with lessons and the best education a private tutor could offer.
    9. Your family much preferred your oldest sibling. You were largely ignored and left to your own devices.
    10. Your family was harsh and abusive. You grew up in fear and a desperation to leave as soon as you possibly could.

If your birth was 5-8, use this list:
    1. Though your family didn't have a great deal, you were the apple of their eye, and given everything you could possibly need.
    2. Your family understood the need for a good education, and every penny they could spare was spent preparing you for the future.
    3. Your family encouraged your talents and interests as best they could, but you were still expected to help with the family and contribute from a young age.
    4. Your family loved you with all their hearts, but didn't have money to spare on your upbringing. You grew up feeling secure and loved, even if your clothing was third-hand, and many times mended.
    5. Your family was much more focused on living than on you. You were only given attention whilst ill, and learned to rely on yourself.
    6. Your family struggled to cope financially, and you were working from a young age, either mending clothes, minding other children or doing small tasks for a local shop.
    7. Your family viewed you as an obligation, and were distant and not very affectionate.
    8. Your family had high expectations for you, and you were not permitted to do anything but study the path chosen for you by your family.
    9. Your family considered you a disappointment. You were largely ignored and treated like a burden.
    10. Your family was neglectful and abusive. You plan to leave as soon as you are able to do so.

If your birth was 9-10, use this list:
    1. Though your family has nothing of financial value, you are loved, and feel secure, and grow up knowing affection.
    2. Your family is a happy and warm one. You grow up with little interest in material things, and an emphasis on helping others.
    3. Your family is one where you are expected to pull your weight. As soon as you are old enough to work basic money-making tasks, you are given them.
    4. Your family cannot afford even your basic needs. You grow up hungry and sickly.
    5. Your family is neglectful. You learn to fend for yourself, and jealously guard anything you gain.
    6. Your family falls apart early on, and you are passed from place to place, never staying more than a year. You find it difficult to bond with other people.
    7. Your family turns you out when you prove to be "disrespectful". You go to a home for difficult children, where you are miserable.
    8. Your family pay no attention to you whatsoever. You take this opportunity to cultivate your talents, and hide away money for your eventual adulthood.
    9. Your family gives you up when times get too tough. You move to an orphanage (another one, if you rolled 10 for your birth), and raised there.
    10. Your family is abusive, and you grow up afraid and hurt. You run away more than once, and lie about your age to get work and leave.

Your work. World War I has started (1914-1918), and you are now at work. What are you doing? Have you left your family?
    If you had a wealthy (1-4 birth) family, and they were not abusive, use this list:
    1. You have taken on the household chores that have started to pile up since your servants left.
    2. You are continuing your education.
    3. You do your bit for the war effort, by making and mending clothing, and tinning and preserving as much food as you can.
    4. You have gone into training to become a nurse.
    5. You have gone into training to become a teacher.
    6. You have moved to the country to work on your uncle's farm with other women.
    7. Your family has opened its doors to injured soldiers, and you are helping to keep the house running, fetching things for nurses and making endless cups of tea.
    8. You find a post in an office in the city.
    9. You discover a creative talent, and pursue this as a job (writing, painting, etc.)
    10. Other (your choice).

If you had a middling family (5-8 birth) and they were not abusive, use this list:
    1. You have gone into service as a maid or a cook.
    2. You begin working in a factory.
    3. You do your bit for the war effort, by making and mending clothing, and tinning and preserving as much food as you can.
    4. You have gone into training to become a nurse.
    5. You have gone into training to become a teacher.
    6. You have moved to the country to work on your uncle's farm with other women.
    7. A local wealthy lord's family has opened its doors to injured soldiers, and you are helping to keep the house running, fetching things for nurses and making endless cups of tea.
    8. You find a post in an office in the city.
    9. You discover a creative talent, and pursue this as a job (writing, painting, etc.)
    10. Other (your choice).

If you had a poor (9-10) or abusive family, use this list:
    1. You have gone into service as a maid.
    2. You begin working in a factory.
    3. You begin working in a local shop
    4. You become a cleaner for a local business.
    5. You move to the country to work on the land.
    6. A local wealthy lord's family has opened its doors to injured soldiers, and you are helping to keep the house running, fetching things for nurses and making endless cups of tea.
    7. You act as a live-in minder for a local shop-owner's family.
    8. You claim help from a local church, and earn your keep cleaning the church, and the reverend's home.
    9. You are unable to find a living, and you stay with your family, working for them.
    10. Other (your choice.)

It's 1916, and you've met a young man. How did you meet him?
    1. Through your work.
    2. At a function for soldiers home from war.
    3. You and he grew up together.
    4. He saw you by chance, and struck up a conversation.
    5. Your parents / his parents introduce you.
    6. A mutual friend introduces you.
    7. Through his work.
    8. At an event (wedding, christening, etc)
    9. On holiday (at the seaside, in the park, etc)
    10. Other (your choice)

About him:
    His name is from this list: https://nameberry.com/list/324/Vinta...for-Boys?all=1 and you choose his surname.
    How old is he? 1 or 2: Your age, 17. 3 or 4: 18. 5 or 6: 19. 7 or 8: 20, 9 or 10 21+

What does he do?
    1. Son of a landed lord. (you choose if he works, and roll again)
    2. Photographer / artist / writer
    3. Career soldier.
    4. Medic / doctor in training
    5. Shop owner.
    6. Son of a wealthy family.
    7. Entrepreneur / self-made man
    8. Student (you choose his studies)
    9. In service.
    10. Other (you choose)

This ends your first 17 years. Feel free to write as much or as little as you like, and next time, we'll go from 18-29.

Hi! My name is Edith Aurelia Grace Hopper. I was born in 1899 on my father, Edward John Hopper, and I was named after him. I was born the second and last child of an upper middle class family. My mother's name was Alice Isabelle Hopper and my older brother's name was Arthur Rufus Sterling Hopper. My childhood was a very good one. My parents were loving, but strict. I learned to value of money and had an appreciation for hard work.

When World War I started, I was 15 years old. I wanted to become involved and help do my part, so I began training to become a nurse. At 17, I met a wonderful man while I was walking home from the hospital. He struck up a conversation, and I learned his name was Henry Simon Montgomery. He was 19 years old at the time, and I was smitten with him. He was an artist, and I was intrigued by his talent.

My name is Èulalia Sabina Dubois but the people closest to me call me Leela. I was born in 1899 in an extremely wealthy family.

My mother Josephina Isabella (Ferarro) Dubois "Josie" she was born in 1863 and she is Spanish. My father David Albert Dubois was born in 1960 and he's French. I have an older brother named Albert Océan Dubois "Bertie" who was born in 1889 and is 10 years older than me. We grew up in Paris, France. My family had high expectations, and my childhood days were packed with lessons and the best education a private tutor could offer.

In 1914, when I was just 15, World War I started. Our servants were leaving and I had to take on the household chores.

In 1916, when I was 17, My parents introduced me to a young Englishman that they thought I would make a good party with. He was called Spencer Edwin Fleming and he was 19 years old. He was the eldest son of a landed lord, had a fortune and didn't work. He was really handsome with his brown hair and ocean blue eyes. As I got to know him, I found out that he was a gentleman with a great sense of humour that had a passion for music and art.
    Aurora | Francesca | Emilia | Louisa | Valentina | Philippa | Estella
    Edward | Romeo | Sebastian | Matteo | Christopher | Adrian | Raphael

Me: Marva Elizabeth Greenfield (named after father Marvin), born in 1899, the last of two children to an upper middle class family. Family preferred the older siblings, I was largely ignored and left to my own devices. When World War I started (1914-1918), I did by bit for the war effort, by making and mending clothing, and tinning and preserving as much food as I could. In 1916, I met a 19 year old man named Jonah Phineas Agos, he saw me by chance and struck up a conversation. He is a student and studies Law.
    |18 year old name lover|
    |Childcare Student|
    Kylie, Collins & Anastasia
    Brayden, Daxton & Cooper

You:
    Born in 1899 to what kind of family set-up?
    Born to an unwed mother and raised by middle class grandparents

What were you named?
    Sabina Antonia

Your childhood:
    Your family was very regimented. You were kept very distant from your parents, and expected to know your place, and obey.

Your work. World War I has started (1914-1918), and you are now at work.
    Your family has opened its doors to injured soldiers, and you are helping to keep the house running, fetching things for nurses and making endless cups of tea.

It's 1916, and you've met a young man. How did you meet him?
    He was one of the wounded soldiers brought into my home.

About him:
    Jude Byron MacAllister
    How old is he? 20

What does he do?
    In service
    Ansel Paladin, Augustus Oak, Christian Laszlo, Elliot Nile, Etienne Rhodes, Ford Remington, Julian Denali, Otto River, Ronan Jeffrey, Theodore Rune
    Esmae Sakura, Evangeline Coral, Hazel Amity, Heidi Snow, Hermione Mabel, Linnea Valkyrie, Oona Bliss, Phoebe Calla, Scarlet Peace, Thisbe Margaret