If You Like Josephine, You Might Love...
Alice is a classic name that's both strong and sweet, which got a big bounce via Tina Fey's choice of the name for her daughter. In the past four years alone, Alice has jumped from Number 258 to Nu... Read More
Amelia, a lovely Victorian name, with a heroic connection to aviatrix Amelia Earhart, is one of the fastest-rising girls' names as an alternative to the overused Emily and Amanda, jumping 169 place... Read More
Long relegated to an Olde World backwater, the European-flavored Clara has been speeding up the charts on sleeker sister Claire's coattails for the past few decades. Now, many would say the vintag... Read More
Edith was a hugely popular name a hundred years ago that's being revived among stylish parents in London--iand is beginning to gain traction here among those with a taste for old-fashioned names wi... Read More
Eugenia, a name scarcely used at all since the 1980's, is another that flourished a century ago and could be due for a revival. Eugenia has some interesting literary references, including the fasc... Read More
Frances, a soft and gentle classic, last popular a hundred years ago, seems to be on the cusp of a possible revival, along with other such neglected quiet and serious names. It's been chosen in re... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Epic Boys List.
- Unique, Feminine Girls Names
- Sibling(s) for Adrian
- Absolutely fresh udiscovered girls names!
- A very well put together list of glorious Boy names !
Frederica is an interesting possibility for the parent unintimidated by its old-fashioned formality, and who can appreciate the vintage charm and verve lurking inside its stuffiness. The name em... Read More
Genevieve is a perfect choice for anyone who wants to retain the gen sound but is tired of all the overused Jen names. The medieval saint Genevieve, patroness of Paris, defended the city against At... Read More
Though twin brother Gerald is still in baby name limbo, Geraldine is in line to follow the path of Josephine to imminent revival--even though Gerry is not as spunky a nickname as Josie. Geraldine ... Read More
Helen is a name that has connoted beauty since ancient times (the mythological "face that launched a thousand ships," over whom the ten-year Trojan War was fought). The name Helen has moved in a... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Victorian Royal Baby Names Includes: Margaret, Alice, Louise
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast Includes: Clara, Amelia, Alice, Pearl, Genevieve
- Vintage Baby Names Includes: Clara, Amelia, Alice, Pearl, Matilda, Genevieve
- If You Like Megan, You Might Love... Includes: Margaret
- The Exoticizer Includes: Theodora
- If You Like Caroline, You Might Love... Includes: Louise, Eugenia
- Girl Names That Mean Brave or Powerful Includes: Matilda
- If You Like Alice, You Might Love... Includes: Frances, Mae, Clara, Imogen, Margaret, Helen, Alice, Edith, Pearl, Louise, Eugenia
- Old Lady Names Includes: Frances, Clara, Frederica, Imogen, Theodora, Helen, Edith, Pearl, Eugenia, Winifred, Matilda, Millicent, Geraldine
- Short Baby Names Includes: Mae