When unconventional British fashion designer Zandra Rhodes, the Swinging London's 'Princess of Punk,' changed her first initial from S to Z, she transformed a diminutive of Alexandra into a legitimate name, anticipating the Zander phenomenon by decades. It's name that is still rarely heard and might be worth considering as a way of zipping up a namesake Sandra.
Zandra did actually invade the lower depths of the U.S. popularity list three times--in 1953, 1970 and 1971.
Lists containing Zandra:
- International Variations of Alexandra
- Creative Baby Names
- Baby Names Inspired by Artists
- Cool Baby Names That Start With Z
- Best Cool Unusual Girls' Names
- Classic Baby Names with a Twist