Walker is both a Waspy surname name—as in the W in George W. Bush—but it also has a gentle ambling quality and a creative connection to such greats as writer Walker Percy and photographer Walker Evans, whose father was also named Walker.
As a common surname, Walker has many other notable namesakes, including author Alice, football great Herschel, blues guitarist T-Bone, and contemporary artist Kara.
Walker was a popular first name around the turn of the twentieth century, reaching Number 296 in 1896, remained in use through 1955, then made a return in 1983, becoming a prime representative of the aspirational surnames of the 1980s and 90s. It's now at Number 327.
Lists containing Walker:
- Baby Names Headed for Harvard
- If You Like Hayden, You Might Love...
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Baby Names Inspired by Authors
- If You Like Braden, You Might Love...
- Occupational Baby Names
- Surname Baby Names
- Boy Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Cowboy Baby Names