Ryder, one of the current favorite er-ending boys' names, has been in the spotlight since Kate Hudson and her rocker husband Chris Robinson chose it for their son in 2004; it has jumped nearly seven hundred places in the past decade, now at a high Number 100. Very popular in several provinces of Canada, Ryder was also chosen by John Leguzamo for his son.
In the past, Ryder was much more prevalent as a surname, as in American Old Master painter Albert Pinkham Ryder and "Brideshead Revisited" protagonist Charles Ryder. Not all came by it legitimately, however--Winona Ryder was born Winona Horowitz.
Trivia note: The Ryder Cup is a biennial golf tournament with competing teams from Europe and the US.
Lists containing Ryder:
- Hot Celebrity Baby Names
- If You Like Reed, You Might Love...
- Boy Names Kids Consider Cool
- Baby Names Inspired by Artists
- If You Like Austin, You Might Love...
- If You Like Cody, You Might Love...
- If You Like Kyle, You Might Love...
- Cool Guy Names
- Badass Baby Names
- Celebrity Surnames as Firsts