Ryder, one of the current favorite er-ending boys' names, has been in the spotlight since Kate Hudson and her rocker husband Chris Robinson chose it for their son in 2004; it has jumped nearly seven hundred places in the past decade, now at a high Number 103. Very popular in several provinces of Canada, Ryder was chosen by John Leguzamo for his son and adorns Boy Meets World star Ryder Strong.
In the past, Ryder was much more prevalent as a surname, as in American Old Master painter Albert Pinkham Ryder and "Brideshead Revisited" protagonist Charles Ryder. Not all came by it legitimately, however--Winona Ryder was born Winona Horowitz.
Trivia note: The Ryder Cup is a biennial golf tournament with competing teams from Europe and the US.
Lists containing Ryder:
- Hot Celebrity Baby Names
- If You Like Reed, You Might Love...
- Boy Names Kids Consider Cool
- Baby Names Inspired by Artists
- If You Like Austin, You Might Love...
- If You Like Cody, You Might Love...
- If You Like Kyle, You Might Love...
- Cool Guy Names
- Badass Baby Names
- Celebrity Surnames as Firsts