There's Rhys and there's Reese (now more popular for girls) and there's Reece, and we particularly like the traditional Welsh spelling, which has been climbing since it entered the list in 2004, possibly influenced by Jonathan Rhys Meyers, of The Tudors, and Welsh-born actor Rhys Ifans.
Always widespread in Wales, where it has deep historic roots, Rhys is also a Top 70 name in England, Ireland and Scotland.
Former New Kid on the Block Joey McIntyre named his son Rhys Edward in 2009.
Lists containing Rhys:
- If You Like Dylan, You Might Love...
- If You Like Reed, You Might Love...
- British Boy Names
- Baby Names Inspired by Authors
- Boy Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Boy Baby Names That End in S