Owen, a resonant Celtic name, has jumped almost three hundred places in a decade, with every indication it will go higher. Why do so many parents love Owen? It's a classic with a genuine history, yet it's right in step with the modern trend for two-syllable, n-ending boys' names. Owen-like choices with less tradition behind them include Logan, Bowen, and Rowan.
The legendary St. Owen was a Benedictine monk who was a follower of St. Chad.
Full disclosure: One of us has a son named Owen, who loves his name.
Lists containing Owen:
- Hot Celebrity Baby Names
- Two-Syllable Baby Names
- If You Like Dylan, You Might Love...
- Boy Baby Names Trendier Than You Think
- The O Names
- Vowel Baby Names for Boys
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- If You Like Jordan, You Might Love...
- If You Like Noah, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys