Oscar, a round and jovial choice, is a grandpa name that's fast taking over from such urban trendies as Max and Sam. Actors Hugh Jackman and Gillian Anderson chose Oscar for their sons.
In Irish legend, Oscar was one of the mightiest warriors of his generation, the son of Ossian and the grandson of Finn Mac Cumhaill (MacCool). In addition to being a Swedish royal name, Oscar has been especially popular with Latino families.
Famous Oscars include Wilde (whose given name was Fingal), Madison, Hammerstein, Peterson, de la Renta, the Academy Award, and the Grouch.
Oscar is currently the Number 3 name in Sweden.
Lists containing Oscar:
- Boy Names Trendier Than You Think
- The O Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Hipster Baby Names
- If You Like Henry, You Might Love...
- Prince Names
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys
- Mythological Baby Names for Boys
- Vintage Baby Names
- Boy Names ALWAYS in the Top 1000
- Cool Vintage Baby Names
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names
- Middle Names for Boys