Maisie, a hundred-year-old favorite, is in perfect tune with today. Spelled Maisy in a popular children's book series, Maisie is rising in tandem with cousin Daisy. While Maisie might be short for Margaret, Mary, or even a name like Melissa or Marissa, it stands perfectly well on its own.
In literature, Maisie is the name of the precocious young title character in the Henry James novel What Maisie Knew, and is also the main female character in Rudyard Kipling's The Light That Failed. And to bring things up to date, Maisie is a half-blood character in the Harry Potter series.
Though she's off the grid in the US, Maisie is Number 21 in England and Wales, and Maisy is 99.
Lists containing Maisie:
- Baby Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- British Girl Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Nicknames for Girls
- Vintage Nicknames for Girls
- Literary Names for Girls
- If You Like Daisy, You Might Love...
- If You Like Lucy, You Might Love...
- If You Like Madison, You Might Love...
- If You Like Sadie, You Might Love...
- Mary's Stylish Variations
- Baby Names from Books
- Scottish Baby Names
- Scottish Names for Girls