Maeve is a short and sweet legendary ancient Irish queen's name that is now finding well-deserved favor here -- and would make an excellent first or middle name choice, with more character and resonance than Mae/May and more modern charm than Mavis.
Maeve appears in Irish mythology in two forms, one as the powerful Queen of Connacht, the other as the queen of the fairies.
Chris O'Donnell, Lili Taylor and Kathryn Erbe used Maeve for their daughters. The Irish author Maeve Binchy also is a well-known bearer.
Irish spelling Meabh is popular in Ireland, but not recommended in the U.S. Other spellings are Medb and Meadhbh.
Lists containing Maeve:
- Irish Baby Girl Names
- Baby Names with No Nicknames
- If You Like Kaitlyn, You Might Love...
- Short & Strong Girl Names
- Cool Girl Names From Around the World
- Cool Middle Names
- If You Like Ava, You Might Love...
- Mythological Baby Names for Girls
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Girls
- Exotic Lite Baby Names