One of the most romantic names, the lovely and stylish Juliet seems finally to have shaken off her limiting link to Romeo. In Shakespeare's play, it was Juliet who said "What's in a name?" This year, Juliet sits at number 238, its highest ranking ever.
French version Juliette, pronounced the same by most English speakers though the French emphasize the last syllable, is also on the rise, but the Juliet spelling is hotter in the U.S.
Juliet Burke was a character on Lost and Juliet Sharp on Gossip Girl. Juliet Low was the founder of the American Girl Scouts.
Other ideas to consider: the original Julia, still lovely; Juliana; or even Jules.
Lists containing Juliet:
- If You Like Charlotte, You Might Love...
- Girl Names Trendier Than You Think
- Classic Girl Names That Aren't Boring
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Three-Syllable Baby Names
- Coolator for Girls' Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Literary Names for Girls
- If You Like Caroline, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- Disney Channel Baby Names
- Pretty Girl Names
- Summer Baby Names
- Stylish L Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Shakespearean Names
- Literary Baby Names