Jude is an example of a name whose image was turned on its head primarily by one appealing celebrity. So take a bow, Jude Law: You--in collaboration with the Lennon-McCartney song "Hey Jude"--have erased Jude's old connections to the traitorous Judas Iscariot and Thomas Hardy's tragic Jude the Obscure, and inspired a legion of new babies named Jude--over two thousand of them last year.
Saint Jude was the apostle who interceded for people with problems and became the patron saint of lost causes.
Lists containing Jude:
- Baby Names with No Nicknames
- Baby Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- Boy Baby Names Trendier Than You Think
- Cool Middle Names
- Literary Names for Boys
- If You Like Jacob, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names
- Biblical Baby Names for Boys
- Rock Star Baby Names
- Beatles Baby Names